I’ll help you start, map out, and FINALLY finish your nonfiction book on business or alternative health—even if your notes are all over the place—using my 5-step Book Activation Method™ ghostwriting process…
So you can build your authority, visibility, and credibility while having prospects come to you…
without having to take a writing course or read a book on grammar…
And while still getting to eat, sleep, enjoy life—and run your business.
My clients include CEOs, founders, journalists, and newspaper columnists. They want a book to increase their authority, spread their ideas to a wider audience, and provide valuable content to their readers.
My clients are big thinkers. They are generally good writers.
They come to me to leverage their time and for help moving the book idea from brain to page. The time they don’t spend crafting the book is time they spend running and developing their business.
Book publishing is a $15 BILLION-Dollar+ Industry and Authorpreneurs are Booking Clients.
Are You Ready to Expand Your Audience and Share Your Expertise with More People?
- Maybe you’re having the same conversations over and over with prospects and you want to lay out your expertise in a book so prospects come to you more educated and closer to buying from you.
- Maybe you want to reach more people because your work will help humans be better humans.
- Maybe you have a business that’s doing pretty well and you want to do even better.
- Maybe you realize you could help many more people if you put this info into a book.
You can’t afford to wait.
If you help humanity and do good in the world, people need to hear your message.
Because the book you don’t write won’t help anyone.
And every day you wait, more people struggle.
5 Stomach-Churning Ways Your Success is Threatened
- You think you’ll do it by yourself. You probably won’t or you would have done it by now. I taught my book creation process to 100 people. Most of them loved the process and were inspired. And sadly, most did not follow through to finish their book by themselves.
- Fear that you can’t write the book.
- Doubt that your idea will interest others.
- Time. You’re running a business, so writing a book seems impossible.
- Not knowing how to start.
5 Urgent Reasons to Start and Finish Your Book Now
- The world needs your expertise now more than ever. People need you to use your words to inspire, motivate, and teach them.
- Books are the new business card. They open doors to clients and opportunity.
- You gain authority and build credibility. People buy from those they know, like, and trust. Books help you get known, liked, and trusted.
- You can bundle a lot of knowledge in one place. If you’re like a lot of my students, people ask you the same questions again and again. What if you could have all that information in one place? Ahhh, relief.
- You build smarter prospects who come to you ready to buy.
5 Writing Booby Traps and Blocks that Prevent People from Starting Their Books
- How do I start? In our first two hours together, I will walk you through the process I’ve used with my many clients and workshop students so that you can gather all your great materials and get a book blueprint.
- Who am I to write a book? You’re an expert. If people rely on you for information, advice, and consulting, they view you as an expert. That means you are the one to write the book.
- Can I really write a book? Yes. With a process, you can do it even if you hate writing.
- I have no time. No worries. This is common. My 5-step process helps you bypass this concern without creating more stress.
- I’m scared to have my ideas out there. It IS scary to share ideas with the world. It’s also pretty exciting and opens up opportunities. What does it cost you, or others, not to spread your good ideas?
Why Should You Trust Me at All?
- I’ve published on presses large and small. My largest is Bloomsbury (you know, they do the Harry Potter books?).
- I’ve published, worked on and/or promoted dozens of books for authors, students, and myself and edited and published 40 issues of a magazine. (There’s paper in my blood.)
- Harvard, Yale, Brown, the University of Wisconsin, and other colleges subscribe to the magazine I founded.
- I consulted and contributed to my husband’s novel, published on Crown. It’ll be translated into eight languages beyond English.
- My clients are thrilled with my work.
- I’ve taught writing at the University of Florida, the George Washington University, and Johns Hopkins. Real writing professor. Real writing students. Many times.
- I have 12 years experience in business and marketing.
- My book marketing methods generated 11,000 downloads in three days for a cookbook for a big ol’ U.S. government organization (a National Institutes of Health division).
Hi, I’m Deborah Ager—a marketing pro turned author turned “book doctor.”
In 2007, I used an author’s book to land him tens of thousands of dollars in speaking gigs and sales trainings. That’s how I learned books can provide a powerful business foundation.
I’d been working on my own book FOR TEN YEARS. It took so long because I didn’t know WTH I was doing. I procrastinated. I didn’t set aside time for writing. I doubted myself.
Finally, I published my first book in 2009. The first book took ten years. The next three books took only four years.
It was through these four books that I mastered the book creation process. And then I went on to help dozens more people with their books.
And all that meant changes—good changes.
After my first book appeared, people came to me to have me speak and give presentations. The speaking aligned with my life’s work, and brought me satisfaction, income, and interactions with amazing people.
I help thought leaders like you turn your expertise into business books that knock people’s socks off.
The Process Revealed..
Step 1: Master your market. We identify who will buy your book, so that we know it can sell and so we know how to write and present information in the best way for your audience.
Step 2: Mission alignment. We align your mission to your book project so you understand exactly how it’ll help your business and support business growth.
Step 3: Mine Material and Map Your Mind. Notes all over the place? Is your book in a box somewhere? You’re not alone! We collect the material you have (blogs, columns, courses, etc) and pull the ideas into one place, so we understand what topics should be covered to educate and entertain your reader. This includes a one-to-one workshop.
Step 4: Move from Brain to Book. We meet and talk 4-6 times by phone to collect material so we can move ideas from brain to page—without agony. We record these calls, and I use the transcripts so that I can capture your voice and thoughts and create a book that sounds just like you.
Step 5:The DRAFT and POLISH. I create a draft of your book based on the outline we put together. Magic happens here. We see the ideas and stories turn into a whole. We meet and review the draft before the polishing stage. In the polishing stage, I’ll revise the book based on our conversations about the draft and have the book proofread by a professional proofreader.
The Phone Calls Rolling In, the Speaking Engagements Filling the Calendar, the Respect of Colleagues.
After you schedule new speaking engagements, you’re going to a dinner with extended family. Someone asks how your business is going, and you say “great” and tell them your book is done. As you slide a fork into your cake at dessert, your phone lights up. A prospect read your book, has filled in your website contact form, and wants to talk to you about working together. From the email, you can tell this person is your ideal client, and you can’t wait to call them back in the morning.
When you return home that night, you notice a few other emails. Someone wants you to speak to a group of your ideal prospects at a local company and someone you met last month is ready to hire your company.
That night, you sleep wonderfully. You know the cash is coming in and you’re headed toward financial freedom.